Earlier this week I debuted my repurposed shabby chic tablescape utilizing items from around my apartment. Turning picture frames into unique centerpieces may look simple, but there’s more to it than you think. Here are some tips and steps to follow in order to create a tablescape that is truly eye-catching.
1. Depending on the size and length of your table, begin with an odd number of frames. I had a small circular table so three frames fit perfectly.
2. Variety is important so play with size, shape and color.
3. You want your frames to look mismatched, but coordinated at the same time so try to establish one main color. I went with gold.
4. Add some texture to your frames by framing some fabric. Not only will this add a color to your tablescape, but if you’re using a solid colored tablecloth like I did, the fabric helps to incorporate a pattern.
6. Add any votives, candle holders or vases to complete your look.