Recently I’ve been craving a big stack of pancakes. You know, the kind you order at a diner at one in the morning where the pancakes are as large as the plate they’re served in. My cravings turned into a reality this week when I stumbled upon Minimalist Baker’s recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax egg
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk (or sub other milk)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat or unbleached flour
- 3 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
I substituted the flaxmeal egg with a real egg and the almond butter for unsalted butter simply because that was what I had in my refrigerator.
I topped them with some Agave and enjoyed! These pancakes are truly amazing. They fill you up without the sick “I just ate too many pancakes” feeling. The banana/chocolate ratio is right on point and they are a non-guilty way to start your day. Check out Minimalist Baker’s website today for some more delicious treats.