I received a few requests asking about the New Year’s Eve banner I created for my 2013 party featured here. A banner is an inexpensive and simple way to spruce up your home for any party. Other than the patterned card stock paper you should be able to find the other necessary items for this project right in your home.
What You’ll Need:
- Card stock or construction paper (fabric would also work)
- Paint or Markers
- Scissors & ruler
- Ribbon or string
- Clothespins & some tape
- Measure a triangle shape to the desired size you’d like with a ruler then cut out all the triangles.
- Paint or draw whatever you’d like your banner to say.
- Place your banner on the floor in order to measure how long your ribbon or string needs to be. Be sure to keep some excess ribbon at each end for tying purposes.
- Use your clothespins (I happened to have small ones on hand, but big clothespins work just as well) to attach your letters to your ribbon.
- Hang in desired spot and admire!
Be sure to create an ascetically pleasing vision by rotating pattern and color as well as adding your own personal touches. I used two different ribbon prints and added some glittered bows to each end for fun. I personally like the look of using close pins, but you could also use some string and a hole punch to individually attach each letter to the banner.
The best part about banners is that there are dozens of different ways to can create them. Play with materials, size and shape to find the best celebration banner that reflects both you and your guests!