My friends and I just returned from our second annual trip to the land of the retired snowbirds. Naples 2012 was everything we expected and more. Last years trip we were all about the early morning workouts, endless card games, and 11am beach time. This year, however, we were content calling our walk to the car our cardio, playing YouTube videos instead of card games, and snoozing our alarm clocks way past 11am. A lot has changed within the last year, but I still feel so fortunate to have such a unique and humorous bond with such a special group of women.
Things we learned on Vacation:
1. A slow female driver with white hair poking up above her seat is called a Q-tip.
2. Never order the oyster sampler special because you think it “might be fun to try oysters” without asking the price beforehand.
3. We will never be too old to embarrass ourselves by dancing erratically on the beach.
4. One package of guacamole is never going to be enough to feed my group of friends.
5. Double check that the person booking your rental car is actually twenty-five years of age.
6. Watching elderly men dance in a martini bar to today’s radio hits is a bit unsettling.
6. Dairy Queen in Naples closes at 10:30 on Saturday nights.
7. And finally, I learned that my friends make me laugh just as hard now as they did back in college.
Looking forward to Naples 2013.