To all of you fabulous recent followers: If you want to see more fantastic party inspirations like the one below, please go on over to domeafavorblog.com and subscribe to me via email! Nuts & Bolts will no longer be posting and If you want to stay up to date with all my DIY decor and other projects, please subscribe. While you’re there, don’t forget to check out all the other ways to follow me via my Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin and my Facebook Page! Thank you for your continued support!
My lovely followers,
I know a few of you expressed concern over not being able to follow my new blog, Do Me A Favor. Unfortunately, since I moved to WordPress.org you will no be able to follow my blog in the same manner you used to. However, the wonderful people at WordPress will be transferring those of you that subscribe to my blog via email to my new site! This means, that my email subscribers will continue to receive email notifications of new posts as they did before, but my WordPress.com followers will only see new posts in their Reader. If you would like (and I would love) you can subscribe to my new blog via email so you can be in the loop on all my new posts.
In addition to subscribing, I strongly encourage you to like my Facebook page as that will also have up to date information. Thank you for your support so we can both continue to follow and inspire one another!
I know I’ve been a little behind in my posts this past week, but for good reason! I just wrapped up my first fully planned wedding in Upstate New York this past week. In addition to the wedding, I also (with the help of my amazingly talented friend Steph Devino) finished my new blog!
Now, if you’d like to see some photos from the wedding you’re going to have to click on my new blog below. While you’re checking out the new layout please follow my new site because in one week Nuts & Bolts will be no more. Have no fear, I will be bringing you the same great posts under the new name Do Me A Favor!
I encourage your to follow me on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and like my Facebook page for up-to-date information on all my current posts and events. Thank you for all of your support and comments that made this new blog possible. I hope that you’ll continue to follow me on this new journey!
Lord knows I do my fair share of online shopping, but if I’m going to be tempted I’d rather be tempted by an irresistible online SALE! Here are three fantastic online sales and three fantastic products to go along with them.
1.CB2: Lucinda Stacking Chair
Enjoy 40% off select outdoor furniture now through July 4th at CB2. My favorite outdoor product is their Lucinda stacking chair, sold in both white and orange. Not only are these chairs sleek, modern and versatile, but they are stackable, which makes them easy to store. I’m such a fan of these chairs that I’d use them outdoors during the warm months and indoors as extra seating during Fall and Winter.
2. Wedding Paper Divas: With Evening Sparkle Wedding Invitation This amazing stationery meca has up to 20% off wedding invites now through July 2nd! 15% off $149 and 20% off $249 using code wed20june. Words cannot describe how much I love this Gatsby inspired invitation. I’m not even engaged, but I’d find someone to marry me now if it meant being able to send this sparkly invite out to my guests. If you like the look of this, head to the website immediately to see the back!
3. J.Crew Factory: 3″ Scalloped Eyelet Short50% off EVERYTHING J. Crew Factory in stores and online now through July 7th! J. Crew Factory is always a safe bet. The clothes are well made and with J.Crew’s classic style, it’s impossible not to find something you like. I’m a big fan of these navy blue scalloped eyelet shorts. Paired with a nautical tucked in tee-shirt, they are preppy with a 1940′s twist.
This 4th of July I will be throwing a very non-red, white & blue rustic rehearsal day BBQ for my bride in upstate New York. However, if I were home to celebrate Independence day I would be doing so in a very non-traditional way. The 4th of July is definitely one of those holidays that can be tacky and overdone, but here are a few items to help create a classy, yet understated July 4th.
Blue & white stripped tablecloth via Style Me Pretty
Nautical napkin rings via Martha Stewart Living
Gold star paper straws via Etsy
Lemon tabletop decor via Marie Claire
Golden Stripe highball glasses via C. Wonder
Earlier this week I debuted my repurposed shabby chic tablescape utilizing items from around my apartment. Turning picture frames into unique centerpieces may look simple, but there’s more to it than you think. Here are some tips and steps to follow in order to create a tablescape that is truly eye-catching.
1. Depending on the size and length of your table, begin with an odd number of frames. I had a small circular table so three frames fit perfectly.
2. Variety is important so play with size, shape and color.
3. You want your frames to look mismatched, but coordinated at the same time so try to establish one main color. I went with gold.
4. Add some texture to your frames by framing some fabric. Not only will this add a color to your tablescape, but if you’re using a solid colored tablecloth like I did, the fabric helps to incorporate a pattern.
5. In order to create a three-dimensional look, layer your frames on top of one another.
6. Add any votives, candle holders or vases to complete your look.
By using picture frames that you already own, not only are you saving money but you’re creating a custom centerpiece that is unique to you and your personal style.